Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
The YouthWorks Council was created in 2007 to promote the involvement of youth in philanthropy and volunteerism. Being a YouthWorks Council member has many benefits:
- Have fun with friends while doing great things for your community
- Develop leadership skills
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Learn about philanthropy, cancer care, end of life care and children's healthcare needs in our community
- Meet with community leaders to gain a better understanding of roles with in healthcare
Memorial's Youth philanthropy program is designed to empower young people in the Yakima Valley to use their ideas, talents and sweat equity to support and raise funds for local projects supporting The Memorial Foundations four initiatives: Cancer Care, Compass Care, Children’s Healthcare, and Healthy Yakima.
Youth fundraising includes a variety of student-organized philanthropic projects to raise money and awareness for children with special healthcare needs, including YouthWorks High School Pageants. Council members are presented with a variety of volunteer opportunities within the Memorial Family of Services.
This program enhances school unity and fosters community involvement. Since all funds raised stay local, students see the positive effects of their efforts right here in the Yakima Valley. Funds raised are allocated by the students to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Children's Village, Maternal Health Services and health outreach programs for valley children.